The Fort Greene Park Conservancy proudly serves Fort Greene Park and our community through free programming, park planting and maintenance materials, staff support and a comprehensive advocacy effort. The Conservancy's operating budgets since 2010 has run approximately $150,000, not including substantial in-kind professional services and donations.
Over the past decade, the Conservancy has been instrumental in bringing over $10M dollars of restoration and capital projects into our Park. This includes $2.55M allocated for the comprehensive renovation of the Willoughby Street Entrance, as well as an additional allocation of $3M in FY2015 for the restoration of the park's pathways. For over 18 years, all of this focus on the park (+30 free events, salaries for parks staff and advocacy for capital dollars) has been accomplished by an all volunteer board and by support from our community. Now, the Conservancy is entering an exciting new age of development, having recently hired two full-time staff members to support the advocacy work of our executive board members.
1. Another successful 2018 Programming season
2. Work closely with Parks in development of a Conceptual Plan
3. Advocate for dollars to restore other significant sections of the Park
4. Enjoy Our Park
1. Plan and raise money for full renovation
2. Plan and map out renovation schedule
3. Continue offering value-added programming for our community
4. Act as community voice in NYC Parks initiatives
5. Continue our respectful and productive relationship with the City and with NYC Parks
6. Enjoy Our Park
Learn more about us through THIS presentation!
Charles Jarden, Chairman
If you are interested in learning more about the Conservancy's Board of Directors or would like to join the Board, please contact email@example.com.